Leveraging the Power of Antioxidants to Reveal Silky Smooth, Glowing Skin
There is a lot of talk in the skincare industry about the power of antioxidants, and with good reason. In fact, sun exposure and the free radical damage it causes is responsible for up to 90 percent of the visible signs of aging you see whenever your look in the mirror. Since this damage affects all layers of your skin, it causes everything from uneven tone and age spots to fine lines, wrinkles, irritation and sagging.
That’s where antioxidants come in.
Antioxidants are compounds that are capable of neutralizing the negatively charged particles of free radicals that cause oxidation in your skin, which in turn means prevent those free radicals from causing damage to your skin. However, not all antioxidants are created the same when it comes to your skin, so if you want to get the most from your skincare products, you have to know what to look for.
That’s why we’re going to break down the science behind which antioxidants truly work to guard against the free radicals that cause aging, including what to look for when you choose your skincare products.
#1 – Vitamin C
Vitamin C is hands-down one of the best known antioxidants, and it provides extremely potent protection to keep your skin looking smooth, supple and youthful. Skincare benefits of Vitamin C include:
- Brightens complexion – Vitamin C perks up dull, tired-looking skin by evening and brightening tone.
- Boosts collagen – The antioxidant if vital in collagen synthesis and therefore helps to firm and lift skin, combatting sag.
- Enhances elasticity – As with collagen, vitamin C helps with elastin production to keep skin youthfully lifted, while smoothing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Fades dark spots - Use it in the morning to make the most of its ability to prevent sun damage and inhibit hyperpigmentation.
- Reduces under-eye circles - Vitamin C helps diminish those dark circles under your eyes by strengthening and making the thin, delicate skin under the eyes more resilient, helping conceal the blood vessels underneath.
- Diminishes hyperpigmentation - Vitamin C is also well-known for its power to inhibit the production of an enzyme known as tyrosinase, which aids in the production of melanin. Because of this adding the antioxidant to your skincare can help guard against hyperpigmentation.
- Deeply hydrates - Clinically proven to help skin retain water, vitamin C also works to keep it silky smooth and plumped from the inside, while keeping it from becoming overly oily or dry.
- Banishes redness – Thanks to its antioxidant properties, the vitamin calms irritation and redness, while supporting healthy blood flow to the skin.
That lengthy list makes it easy to see why vitamin C has become such a powerhouse in skincare.
#2 - Vitamin E
Vitamin E is another important antioxidant required for healthy, youthful skin look and function. Its antioxidant properties help protect your skin from free radical damage, while working to repair the damage that has already been done.
Since vitamin E also accelerates cellular turnover and regeneration, it can help reduce the breakdown of collagen that causes the signs of aging such as fine lines, wrinkles and sagging skin. If that weren’t already enough, the vitamin is renowned a some of the most effective moisturizers thanks to the powerful hydration it delivers, which keeps your skin smooth, soft and infinitely supple.
Vitamin E also helps to stabilize other antioxidants, including vitamin C, dramatically enhancing their effectiveness.
#3 – Vitamin A
If there’s one antioxidant that’s been proven time and time again to help roll back the clock on aging skin, vitamin A is it! Vitamin A, a natural retinyl, is incredibly effective, penetrating deep into skin to accelerate renewal and stimulate the production of collagen.
The vitamin also works to resurface skin, improving skin tone and discoloration and improves the look of problematic skin conditions such as acne by helping to balance skin and normalize oil production.
Since vitamin A also supports proper skin cell function, it helps the cells to behave in a younger, healthier way. This leaves skin looking more vibrant, youthful and radiant.
The Antioxidant Secret that Keeps Skin Healthy and Beautiful
All of that is why at Knutek, we’ve created our brand new Cellular C-Serum infused with not only vitamins E and A, but also two stable, bioavailable forms of vitamin C, so that you can get the most from these incredible antioxidants.
This silky serum slips deep beneath the surface of skin to dramatically brighten and even tone and leave skin soft, supple and firmed. In addition to daily antioxidant protection, the serum’s lipid soluble vitamin C and vitamin C ester deliver comprehensive and powerful defense against the free radicals that age skin, while reversing sun damage and age spots and kick-starting stagnant collagen production to smooth fine lines and wrinkles.
Additionally, our Cellular C-Serum bathes your skin in potent plant extracts, including:
- Camellia Sinensis Leaf – This green tea extract is a powerful skin antioxidant that diminishes UV damage, boosts volume, diminishes wrinkles and reduces trans-epidermal water loss for smooth, hydrated skin.
- Bilberry – A skin-conditioning active, bilberry works to support and maintain collagen production, boost vitality and prevent premature aging.
- Pomegranate – Rich in antioxidants, pomegranate is known as “the elixir of youth”, softening skin and leaving it smooth and supple.
- Sunflower Seed Oil – Deeply emollient, this oil locks in moisture for skin that’s hydrated, soft and plump.
- Grape Seed – Infinitely antioxidant, this extract delivers rich levels of vitamin E, diminishing dryness and hyperpigmentation and boosting elasticity.
- Evening Primrose – This extract aids in cellular turnover for improved firmness and a smoother younger appearance.
- Willow Bark – Rich in flavonoids, this extract hydrates and calms skin, while enhancing its barrier function.
- Lupinus Albus Seed – Packed with phenolic compounds, the extract of this seed brightens, firms and hydrates skin from within.
The Best Way to Use Cellular C-Serum for Anti-Aging Results
So if you’re ready to get infinitely radiant, firmer, more youthful skin by leveraging antioxidants in your skincare routine, you’re ready for our Cellular C-Serum.
For daytime use, apply the luxurious serum prior to your moisturizer of choice. At night, use it prior to other serums and creams.
With Cellular C-Serum, you’ll see:
• Deeply hydrated, nourished skin
• Enhanced firmness and elasticity
• Silky smooth skin with fewer fine lines and wrinkles
• A brighter, more vibrant complexion
• Plumper, lifted, more youthful skin
By making Knutek’s Cellular C-Serum a part of your daily skincare, you can get the power of two forms of vitamin C plus vitamins A and E for incredible, visible results.